"Croatian-Serbian relations, refugees and migrants, peaceful coexistence and resolution of the crisis"
On August 20, 2016. in Golubić (Obrovac), the main session at the Ninth International Scientific Meeting “Croatian-Serbian relations, refugees and migrants, peaceful coexistence and crisis resolution” was held.
The meeting was attended by scientists, representatives of the non-governmental sector and political representatives of parties and movements that advocate the ideas of tolerance and cooperation in the region.
The organizers of the meeting are the Center for History, Democracy and Reconciliation from Novi Sad, the Association for History, Cooperation and Reconciliation from Obrovac . Also, support for the organization of the meeting was provided by the Department of Geography, Tourism and the Hotel Manager from Novi Sad.
At the ” Serbian-Croatian relations ” gathering, as every year until now, they insisted on improving the position of the Serbian minority in Croatia and the Croatian minority in Serbia.
The main theme of all our gatherings on relations between Serbs and Croats is the realization of the policy of regional stability and reconciliation .
Also, scientists analyzed the position and attitude towards refugees and migrants in the last year. It was analyzed to what extent refugees, migrants and national minorities are abused by certain politicians when it comes to peaceful coexistence and solving political crises in the region.
Conclusions from the meeting "Croatian-Serbian relations, refugees and migrants, peaceful coexistence and resolution of the crisis"
- With the aim of general sustainable development, in the conditions of insufficient births and internal aging of the population, it is necessary to turn the challenges that the migraine crisis brings with it into opportunities.
- Improving the coordination of all key NGOs and political actors, as well as establishing mechanisms to comprehensively coordinate the work of humanitarian organizations with refugees and migrants.
- The introduction of humanitarian visas, which make it possible to end human smuggling and reduce tensions in the region.
- Opening work opportunities for refugees and migrants.
- Facilitate school education of refugee children.
- Raising awareness and responsibility regarding human rights among younger politicians.
- Raise awareness among young people, through student exchange and high school visits (Peace Park).
- Education of young Croats in Croatia with Serbian institutions and vice versa in order to develop tolerance and understanding.
- Subsidiarity between institutions in both countries and the use of scientific institutions.
- Strengthening knowledge about each other through regional cooperation